Board Meeting 10 2009

Parc On Summit Condominium Meeting Minutes

Monday, October 19, 6:30PM, Capital Hill Public Library, 425 E. Harvard Ave.

I. Call To Order
a. Forrest Rode, President called to order the Board of Directors meeting of the Parc on Summit Condominium at 6:30PM on Monday, October 19, 2009 at the Capitol Hill Public Library at 425 E. Harvard Ave.

II. Roll call
a. Forrest Rode conducted a roll call.

Present were:
Forrest Rode, President
Steve Wilson, Vice President
Joe Whiting, Member at Large
Pete Segall, Treasurer
Renee Fentress, Secretary
Dave Swanson, Resident Manager
Dan Jacobs, Homeowner
Suzanne Heidema, Property Manager

III. Approval of minutes from September 24, 2009
a. Board members approved the September meeting minutes, which were reviewed via email with a correction of Unit 506 to 502.
b. August Meeting minutes
1. Action Item: Renee to distribute August meeting minutes to be reviewed/approved.

IV. Agenda/Discussion
a. Homeowner issues
i. Elevator Repair – Dave Swanson, Resident Manager says estimate from service technician on the job is 4-5 weeks out for completion of repairs.
1. Action Item: Suzanne Heidema, Property Manager will give Corey (salesperson at Schindler Elevator) a call and will e-mail an updated status. Will check on a Bill of Lading to track the elevator jack.
2. Action Item: Suzanne will look into where the elevator repair will be paid from. (Existing Reserves or do we need a special assessment?)
ii. Cracks in wall of S. parking garage - Dave Swanson reported that he thinks there are new cracks in the garage walls. Rick Cramer was to patch up inspection holes in the planters, but were left open. (Fiber-tight needs to go back over the holes).
1. Action Item: Suzanne or Dave will follow up on the status of the inspection holes being covered.
iii. Roof – small repairs needed, estimated to cost $200-$300 to repair.
1. Action Item: Suzanne will call tomorrow to follow up with previously designated contractor and report status to the Board.
iv. Water Intrusion Concerns – Dave Swanson and Dan Jacobs expressed concern about potential water intrusion of first floor units, as deck repairs aren’t completed. The architect has been consulted about this, and Academy Roofing has been contracted to renew the temporary deck patch.
1. Action Item: Steve will follow up with Academy Roofing on bid and timeline for temporary patch.
v. Condition of homeowners units fire hazard? – Dan Jacobs is concerned that the contents of another homeowner’s unit may pose a fire hazard. (The homeowner has large stacks of saved material.)
1. Action Item: Suzanne will check with the Fire Marshal on legalities/what constitutes a fire hazard.

b. Financial Report for September 2009 and Reserve Funds – Presented by Suzanne Heidema, Property Manager
i. Suzanne reviewed the financial statements for September 2009.
ii. The Board reviewed and discussed Accounts Receivable.
iii. We are $967.55 over budget on Water, which prompted discussion once again about inspection of units (plumbing, appliances and fixtures). Dave Swanson requested to have an inspection list on a 2-part form, so that a copy of the results of the inspection can be left with the homeowner at the time of inspection.
1. The Board passed this request.
a. Action Item – the board will look into rebates/incentives for group repairs if warranted.
iv. The cost of temporary fencing during the deck repair construction was discussed. The current rental rate is very affordable. Replacing/recycling existing fence at the end of repair construction may cost up to $10k. Installing a complete new fence in an ornamental style favored by David Swanson, could cost $30k.
1. The Board decided to continue to rent for the duration of the construction cycle, and deferred a decision on the permanent fencing until deck repair construction is concluded.
v. Sewer Capacity charge – Suzanne determined the Sewer Capacity charge is semi-annual, not quarterly.

c. Old Business
i. Reserve Study – Brandon Hamilton (AKA Design) has not scheduled a walk around for the Reserve Study, and is behind schedule.
1. Action Item: Steve will follow up with a 2 week warning to Brandon to get the Reserve Study done before we look elsewhere to do the Reserve Study (i.e., Corke Amento, etc.)
ii. Deck Repair Project – is a separate contract from the Reserve Study, and is also behind schedule. The Board will assess Brandon’s response to the 2 week warning on the Reserve Study, before discussing contract termination.
iii. Elevator Repair – was addressed in section IV.a.i.

d. Action Items
i. Update rules and regs including installation of Hard Surface Flooring – Suzanne’s assistant drafted updates for Suzanne to review.
1. Action Item: Suzanne to review and will forward to the Board to review at next meeting.
ii. Silverfish – treated by Terminix, ongoing.
iii. Bi-monthly Manager’s report – Dave presented Managers report.
1. Water inspection – see IV.b.iii. Also, Joe Whiting’s plumber (Sam Harris) can be made available for inspections to give homeowners an alternative to Dave Swanson, if they wish..
a. Action Item: Suzanne to send letter to homeowners about inspection of units.
2. Light out N.side above stairwell – Joe W. mentioned there is a light out above the stairwell on the North side of the building.
a. Action Item: Dave will replace.
3. Vent Cleaning – is scheduled for October 22nd, 2009. Notices went out to homeowners.

e. New Business
i. No new business.

f. Next Meeting
i. Next meeting scheduled at Capital Hill Library @ 6:30PM on November 30th, 2009.

g. Adjournment
i. The meeting was adjourned at 7:45PM.

Minutes submitted by: Renee Fentress Date Submitted: October 19, 2009

Minutes approved by: Date Approved: [[Date, Time]]

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License