Board Meeting 09 2014

Parc on Summit Association Board of Directors
Regular Monthly Board Meeting
Capitol Hill Branch of Seattle Public Library, September 24, 2014, 6:30 p.m.


Board members in attendance: Sarah Morgans, president; Allison Light, secretary; Jeremy LaCivita, member-at-large

Board members not in attendance: Michael Raschko, vice president; Alin Sirbu, treasurer

Guests in attendance: Marium Mohammad, community association manager

Call to Order
Sarah Morgans called the October Board Meeting to order at 6:32pm on Wednesday, September 24th, 2014.

Open Forum
During open forum, each attendee may address the board for up to five minutes, with attendees’ time being reduced to three minutes per person if more than three speakers desire to address the board. If a speaker is in the middle of a sentence when time is called, he or she may finish his or her thought before sitting down. Speakers may not allot their time to others. A director or manager may briefly respond to statements made or questions posed. Speakers must observe rules of decorum and not engage in obscene gestures, shouting, profanity, or other disruptive behavior.

Ratification of August Regular Meeting Minutes.
Jeremy moved to ratify the minutes, Sarah seconded, all in favor

Ratification of September 4, September 14, and September 22 Special Meeting Minutes
Jeremy moved to ratify the minutes for September 4th and 14th minutes, Sarah seconded, all in favor. Ratification of the September 22 Special Meeting Minutes

Construction Committee Chair Report
Loan approved
The board will obtain three adjacent parking spots for CDK.
Marium will prioritize getting the parking spot information for the nine owners who offered to lease their spots for the construction project. Marium will also parking lease form and agreement
Sarah moved that Jeremy select the parking spots by Monday and prioritize based on proximity and for any remaining spots, randomly draw names to select which owners will be able to lease their parking spots. Allison seconded. The motion passed unanimously.
Color scheme A, the blue color scheme, was selected.
There was a permit fee for the construction, Jeremy is following up with David to ensure this fee is normal.
Treasurer Report
There is no treasurer’s report because Alin is not in attendance.
Community Association Manager Report
The new temporary building manager is working out well
The HVAC was not operating but Steve was able to fix it and it was now operating correctly. Jeremy will check tonight to see if he can get into the cage and verify the fan is working.
A resident reported that north building door was about to fall off the hinges due to the unscrewing of the top door component.The manager thinks the door needs to be replaced but Marium is following up for a second opinion. If we need to replace the door, Allison will follow up on the police report about the cost of replacement if needed for insurance purposes.
Marium needs the garage door numbers so that she can program garage door openers for residents. Jeremy will follow up and help Marium with this.
Financial statements have not been delivered yet. Marium is waiting until all numbers are accurate. She does not have an exact date when she can deliver these reports, but she is following up to see if there is an estimate. We need to know when these can be ready each month so the board can schedule the meetings after the Treasurer has received and reviewed them.
Temporary Building Manager Report
No report since the new building manager just started
The board needs to provide contact information, hours, and charges for off-hour contact of the building manager. Marium will follow up to get the necessary information.

Old Business
Update on bankers boxes stored at law firm
Marium has not heard back about how many boxes are at the lawyer’s office before she returns with an exact estimate of the cost of storing at Iron Mountain including the cost for retrieving boxes from the storage location. The board requires this to be delivered by next week
Mike Raschko will be in charge of this project and will work with Marium to get this completed.
If there is enough space in the onsite laundry rooms and there is value in storing the documents there, such as the rainy day project to cull and organize the documents, we will consider moving it there.
Resolution ratifying signing of loan documents
A scan of the resolution is attached to these minutes.
Update on key inventory
Marium has keys of the North storage rooms and South storage rooms
Jeremy has three sets of keys which contains the master storage room key (also used for outside railing cages), garage cage masterlock, elevator utility room key (marked with U), and North building stairwell storage rooms.
Allison received keys to master storage room key, elevator utility room key, and North building stairwell storage rooms.
Jeremy will test the stairwell, garage cage, and outside railing cages.
Marium will make copies of the Electrical closet in the garage and distribute to board members.
Update on permanent Building Manager job search
The next President message will have a poll which asks the owner preferences on the building manager position — onsite v. offsite and full time v. temporary. Sarah will work to get out the President message this weekend
Sarah would like to reach out to owners about updating their contact information and using the site more actively participate in Parc conversations.
In corresponding with owners and tenants, the Board should have a division of labor such that the relevant board member reaches — Jeremy for construction questions, Alin for finances, etc. When responding to emails, it is important to cc the entire board. When emailing the board, if there is a response needed from a particular board member, add them to the To line and CC the board.
Marium will follow up with Maggie to request her presence at the next board member.
Jeremy will schedule a special meeting with the board and Marium to discuss the building manager position.
Disclosure for flooring that didn’t meet compliance standards
Sarah moved that we Phillips send the disclosure for acceptance of the owner. Jeremy seconded. The motion passed unanimously.

New Business
Change to Community Association Manager
Scott, the new Community Association Manager, will start on October 1st, 2014.
AIIC measurement standards for hardwood flooring
There are currently no standards on hardwood flooring in our governing documents. More research needs to be done to know what other buildings, like ours, have as a standard for their hardwood floors.
Sarah will follow up with Mike to see if he can take point for researching standards
Return of unit keys to owners/lent to construction company, process, waiver
Sarah moved that we begin the process of notifying all owners that we will return keys and they may be contacted by the construction company to arrange access to their unit. No waiver or process is necessary for this. Allison seconded. The motion passed unanimously.

Adjourn to Executive Session.

Meeting adjourned at 7:49pm.

MEETING RULES: No audio or video recording allowed by attendees. However, the Secretary may record the meeting to aid in the preparation of minutes. The recording is deleted once the minutes have been prepared. As provided in the "Open Meeting Act," members may observe the meeting but do not have the right to participate in the Board's deliberations or votes. Members may address issues during the Open Forum portion of the meeting. Attendees may not engage in obscene gestures, shouting, profanity or other disruptive behavior. If attendees become disruptive, they may be expelled from the meeting and fined.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License