Board Meeting 05 2009

Parc On Summit Condominium

Meeting Minutes
Thursday, May 28, 2009, 6:30PM, Starbucks @ Olive/Summit

I. Call To Order
a. Forrest Rode called to order the Board meeting of the Parc on Summit Condominium
at 6:30PM on Thursday, May 28, 2009 in Starbucks @ Olive/Summit.

II. Roll call
a. Forrest Rode conducted a roll call.
Present were:
Forrest Rode, President
Steve Wilson, Vice President
Pete Segall, Treasurer
Dave Swanson, Resident Manager
Suzanne Heidema, Property Manager

III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
a. Board members approved the April meeting minutes with the addition of Brandon Hamilton looking at the bunk house door areas during walk through of building for reserve study and making recommendations for repair.

IV. Agenda/Discussion
a. Homeowner issues
i. Weeds noted on south side of building
Action Item – An owner in the south building has complained about the weeds on the south side of the building. This area has been torn up from the removal of the buildings to the south of our property and the forensic investigation of the deck surface and garage walls. Dave Swanson will investigate and pull the weeds that are on the Parc on Summit property.
ii. Dirt and debris in North stairwell
Action Item – An owner in the north building has complained about dirt and debris in the North Stairwell. Dave Swanson will contact the homeowner and have the areas cleaned.

b. Financial Report for April 2009 and Reserve Funds – Presented by Suzanne Heidema
i. Suzanne reviewed the financial statements for April 2009. Steve Wilson asked to have the expiration date of the sewer capacity charge added to the expense line item.
ii. The owner of N101 has vacated the unit and has made no arrangements to pay his homeowner’s dues. A lien will filed on the unit. A suggestion was made to rent out his parking space to collect a portion of the dues. Suzanne will email the owner.
iii. A second bid was received to reconnect the sprinkler system for the north side of the property. This bid was higher than the first. The first bid will be accepted and scheduled later this summer.
iv. Suzanne suggested a revised collection policy for the board to consider. At 15 days, a late fee is assessed and the homeowner is sent a statement of his/her account either by email or USPS. At 30 days, interest accrues at 12% per annum on the delinquent invoice. At 60 days, a letter will be sent to the homeowner advising him/her that they have ten days to pay their delinquent balances or their electricity will be shut off and a lien will be filed. The homeowner will be advised that the cost of collection, including lien fees and attorney costs, will be charged to his/her account. At 70 days, the lien will be filed and the account will be sent to an attorney for collection. A written rule change will be drafted and distributed to the Board for their review.
v. The water, sewer and garbage bill was much higher than normal in May. Suzanne contacted Dave Swanson who walked the property, but found no evidence of leaks. Suzanne contacted the City of Seattle and asked for an inspector to check the meter. The inspector contacted Dave Swanson and said that the management would have to inspect all the units for possible leaking toilets, faucets, etc before the City would check the meter. The buildings are almost twenty years old and many fixtures are the original installations. Leaking toilets, faucets, dishwashers, etc can cause large water usage as well as damage to the buildings. Dave Swanson recommended that we schedule a full inspection of all units to take place on a Saturday. Suzanne suggested we schedule one Saturday for each building and that we use a checklist that would ensure that all possible problems are inspected. The inspections will be scheduled for July and a letter will go out to all homeowners.
vi. Suzanne reviewed the proposed Budget for July 2009 – June 2010. The Board voted to increase dues by 5% to cover increased costs and better fund the replacement reserves.
vii. Financial Statement approved by the Board.

c. Old Business
i. Reserve study/Deck Repair – The consultant submitted the forensic study report with recommendations. Steve Wilson and Pete Segall will follow up with the consultant on the bid process for the recommended repairs. The Board wants a minimum of four bids for the project. Once the design of the repairs is completed and the work is out for bids, the reserve study will be finished.
ii. Silverfish – Terminix is treating on monthly basis.
iii. Bi-Monthly Manager’s Report – Dave Swanson will have Ellen send an updated report to the Board.
iv. Website Issues – Renee has fixed the problems.
v. Vent Cleaning – The last cleaning was October of 2007. Suzanne will schedule cleaning of all dryer vents for October of this year.
vi. Rules/Regulations – Renee sent recommendations for updating the Regulations. Suzanne suggested that all Board members review her comments and the related Regulations for discussion at the nest board meeting.
vii. Action Item – Suzanne to contact three homeowners about disabled vehicles in the garage.
viii. Action Item – Suzanne to contact Jeff Carter regarding cleaning moss off the roof.

d. New Business
i. Annual Meeting – July 28, 2009will be the next annual meeting if the Capitol Hill Presbyterian Church is available. Suzanne will verify and Steve Wilson will write the letter to homeowners.

e. Adjournment - The meeting was adjourned at 8:00PM.

Next Meeting is June 24, 2009.

Minutes submitted by: Suzanne Heidema Date Submitted: June 14, 2009

Minutes approved by: Board Date Approved:

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License