Board Meeting 03 2009

Parc On Summit Condominium Meeting Minutes

Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 6:30PM, Starbucks @ Olive/Summit

I. Call To Order
a. Forrest Rode called to order the Board meeting of the Parc on Summit Condominium at 6:30PM on Tuesday, March 24, 2009 in Starbucks @ Olive/Summit.

II. Roll call
a. Forrest Rode conducted a roll call.
_Present were:_
Forrest Rode, President
Steve Wilson, Vice President
Joe Whiting, Member at Large
Pete Segall, Treasurer
Renee Fentress, Secretary
Dave & Ellen Swanson, Resident Managers
Gabriel Garcia, Homeowner
Scott Clawson, Homeowner
Cara Chamberlin, Homeowner
Chadwick Gillenwater, Homeowner
Dan Jacobs, Homeowner
Suzanne Heidema, Property Manager

III. Approval of minutes from last meeting
a. Board members approved the February meeting minutes, which were reviewed via email. This was officially documented at today’s board meeting.

IV. Agenda/Discussion
a. Homeowner issues
i. Stagnant Water – front patio presented by Chadwick. Unit S-103 front patio gets pools of stagnant water, so much so that algae grows.
1. This will be addressed with the deck repairs.
ii. Updated CC&Rs available? Presented by Cara. Cara wanted to know if she had the latest CC&Rs. Suzanne informed her that CC&Rs have not been amended since she bought her unit. The last amendment was done by the developer. Amendments to the CC&Rs require 75% of the ownership to vote for the amendment. The only changes would be in the rules and regulations. Discussed whether this is viewable on website.
1. Action Item – Renee will ensure all pdf documents are available on the website.
iii. Exposed drip lines north side of North bldg presented by Dan Jacobs. Can we re-landscape/reconnect the sprinkler system?
1. Action Item – Suzanne will contact landscaping and sprinkler system contacts.
iv. Dog Policy – presented by Cara. Will the policies be enforced? Dogs are reported being over weight limit and also off-leash/unattended/noisy.
1. Action Item – Suzanne will follow up with homeowner.
v. Rule enforcement – presented by Dan Jacobs. Will there be a rule committee to enforce rules (parking used as storage, dogs, bldg appearance, etc). The proper process is all homeowners should be on the lookout and report rules violations to Resident Manager who will issue a warning and then will pass on to Property Manager if warnings are ignored.
1. Action Item – Renee will remind residents of this process in the next newsletter.
vi. Window Replacement/Sliding Glass Door Replacement presented by Dan and Cara. Do homeowners have to have approval for window replacements? Yes, the CC&Rs require that a uniform exterior appearance be maintained, so homeowners need Board approval before replacing their windows. It’s surprising how dimensions of similar size windows differ around the borders, or where sliding glass windows divide, and can become very noticeable after installation. The Board expects to identify a required manufacturer and style during the summer deck and siding project. Beyond the aesthetic concerns, there are very important water intrusion and liability issues associated with any window installation. The vapor barrier of the building is affected by any window replacement and existing warranties by other contractors can be invalidated.

b. Financial Report for February 2009 and Reserve Funds – Presented by Suzanne Heidema
i. Suzanne reviewed the financial statements for February 2009.
ii. Suzanne added account mature dates and rates on Balance Sheet.
iii. N203 is over 6 months delinquent on assessments. Electricity has been shut off after numerous attempts to contact the homeowner, including a certified letter with a returned receipt that was signed by the homeowner. No one is currently occupying the condominium. The Parc on Summit attorney has been contacted. Also a lien on the property will be filed.
iv. There are now 7 homeowners delinquent on assessments. If they set up a payment plan with Suzanne, late charges can be minimized but the delinquent balance will incur interest on a monthly basis until it is paid in full. See Financial Statements for details.

v. Financial Statement approved by the Board.

c. Old Business
i. Water Heater Replacements – There is one homeowner who has not completely paid for the cost of the water heater replaced by Benla. The water heater was also replaced in the Association’s unit.
ii. Reserve study/Deck Repair– Pending acceptance of contract (AKA Design).
1. Action Item: Steve will provide Renee with summary of Reserve Study and Deck Repair bid process and why AKA Design was selected. Brandon Hamilton of AKA Design will provide a timeline for the project. This will be posted on the website and in the newsletter.
iii. Update on food/yard waste program – Posters and boxes installed in elevators and elevator bays. Thanks Dave/Ellen!
iv. North Building downspout – Damaged downspout still not fixed.
1. Action Item – Dave will inspect/fix.
v. Intercom Repair North Building – fixed.
vi. Install Take One Paper bins in lobbies for minutes/newsletters– completed.
vii. Silverfish – Terminix will be coming on Thursday.
1. Action Item - Ellen will notify Terminix of Gabriel’s unit N504 and 4th floor of North bldg.
viii. Website Issues – Some homeowners who are not using IE cannot get access to the website. Also find wikidot to be unfriendly. Until we get more usage, we can’t justify moving to a paid site.
1. Action Item – Renee will see what she can do/find out about what operating system works with wikidot.
2. Action Item – Renee will double check yard waste to make sure the information matches the fliers.

d. Resident Manager Report – Reports have been submitted. It was noted that the City is changing garbage/recycle pick up from 2 weekdays to 1 weekday and one weekend day.
i. Action Item – Ellen will check with the City to see if we can keep our original pick up day schedule.

e. New Business
i. Collections – presented by Suzanne. We need a formal process on collection of delinquent payments. Suzanne proposed a warning and late fee at 15 days; finance charges to begin at 30 days late; at 60 days late a lien filed and a 10 day warning letter sent stating that utilities will be shut off; and at 90 days late send the account to collection. Homeowners can contact the Property Manager to arrange a payment plan and prevent a lien being filed or their utilities being shut off.
1. Action Item – Suzanne will draft a formal process for us to review at the next board meeting. After finalized it will be posted on website and in newsletter and added to Rules/Regulations.
ii. Water Heaters – Suzanne needs Board approval to replace/charge water heaters for those homeowners who have not provided proof of replacement.
1. Action Item – Suzanne will issue a notice of inspection/replacement if proof is not provided April 10, 2009
iii. Rules/Regulations – It was agreed that Rules and Regulations should be reviewed and updated.
1. Action Item – Renee will gather rules/regulations and email to the board with proposed changes.

f. Adjournment
i. The meeting was adjourned at 8:10PM.

Next Meeting is pending individual board member’s schedules.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License